We are recruiting for a Purchasing Officer with a can-do attitude and who enjoys problem solving. A candidate that is not afraid to get his/her hands dirty! 3 years of experience in a similar role will be advantageous to your application. Ability to work in highly stressful and deadline driven environment is essential.
Key duties include but not limited too:
- Manage raw materials stock levels and purchasing considering price, quality, and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Determine the lowest cost for products/materials.
- Negotiate contracts, payment terms and costs.
- Prepare purchase orders.
- Track and record orders.
- Maintain approved supplier records
- Conduct stock takes and recounts, ensure stock variances addressed, explained and reported.
- Keep abreast of international economic factors effecting procurement and supply
Experience and ensuring internal Food Safety principles are actioned eg FIFO and FEFO will serve as advantage. Maintaining good relationships with suppliers and renegotiate prices on a regular basis, reliable and presentable and experience in exports will be essential.